Monday 15 August 2016

This week's edit - 15th August 2016




















Read
I See You by Clare Mackintosh is the creepiest book I've read in a long time.  It has a very clever central premise and I suspect it will say with me for some weeks.

See
The Sicily: Culture and Conquest exhibition at the British Museum has just finished, so sorry I haven't flagged it up in time, but I managed to visit this week and it was an absolutely fascinating insight into the early history of the island and the impact of Greek and Norman occupation.

There is still time to see Daydreaming with Stanley Kubrick at Somerset House.  A curated exhibition of contemporary art inspired by or related to the films of Kubrick, this show is a bit of a mixed bag but the highlights are worth seeing, including a film installation called The Corridor by Toby Dye (above) and The Shining Carpet by Adam Broomberg and Oliver Chanarin, as well as works by Doug Aitken and Julian Rosefeldt.

Watch
The Olympics.  Is there anything else??!

Mustang is a beautiful and atmospheric film about five sisters in Turkey coming of age.  Highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment