Tuesday 2 August 2016

The Palma Edit



















The Arts Edit
The cathedral in Palma is beautiful and well worth the queues (even better if you can go early when it's almost empty).  The Fondacion Bartolome March is worth a visit - it's a beautiful but strange house with a programme of temporary exhibitions inside and in the garden, currently showing prints by Salvador Dali and sculpture by artists including Henry Moore, Barbara Hepworth and Auguste Rodin.

The Food and Drink Edit
I haven’t eaten often in Palma but can recommend the small outside cafe just by the entrance to the Fondacion Bartolome March which does excellent p’amb oli, and sushi from the fish market is totally fantastic. The best bars and cafes/tapas places are in the streets behind the Passeig Born and Bar Abaco is a 'must-see' if only for its unique decoration.  The best tapas I've had was at Ombu, and although I have never managed to go, I’ve heard really good things about the food at Simply Fosh.

The Shopping Edit
Sluiz Ibiza, tucked away down a backstreet near Passeig Born, is a vast labyrinth of cool hippyish clothing and homewares I'd bulk buy if I owned my dream house in Mallorca.

No comments:

Post a Comment