Wednesday 3 February 2016

Winter / Spring 2016















2016 looks like being a bumper year in the arts.  I am particularly looking forward to the following films, TV programmes and books.

In the cinema:

A Bigger Splash - I have fallen in love with the trailer for this. Tilda Swinton looks wonderful (#eyelinergoals) and I am recently developing a full-on crush on Ralph Fiennes.

High Rise - an adaptation of one of my favourite books by J G Ballard, directed by Ben Wheatley and starring Tom Hiddleston, this could be a fascinating dark masterpiece.  I hope.

Anomalisa - intriguing intriguing intriguing.  The reviews of this stop-motion animation by Charlie Kaufman have been fantastic.

Hail, Caesar! - How good is this trailer?  Be still, my beating heart.  The Coen Brothers, George Clooney, Ralph Fiennes AND Channing Tatum??  Oh Hollywood you spoil me.


On the sofa:

The Night Manager - Tom Hiddleston again, this time in a BBC adaptation of John Le Carré's book.

Fresh Meat - the final series of the student comedy.

Grayson Perry: All Man - Perry has turned out to be a fantastic TV presenter and I'm looking forward to his exploration of masculinity.

Happy Valley and Line of Duty - the two best UK dramas of 2014 return this spring.


On the kindle:

Not Working by Lisa Owens - there is a lot of hype around this debut twenty-something novel.

Eligible by Curtis Sittenfield - a contemporary re-telling of Pride and Prejudice, this sounds wonderful.

This Must Be The Place by Maggie O'Farrell - O'Farrell hasn't put a foot wrong in any of her previous novels as far as I'm concerned so I have high hopes for this.







No comments:

Post a Comment