Wednesday 24 February 2016

My Oscars (the Katherines, if you like...)
















I'm stuck at home with a rotten cold/flu bug when I should be out working, lunching and pilatesing (totally a word), so I got to thinking about the Oscars on Sunday.  I'm not a fan of award ceremonies in general, although I do love a browse through the red carpet photos the following day, but an old friend of mine and I used to email each other our award lists every year (actually I think we started doing it by fax before the days of email 😱).  So for what it's worth, these are the winners of the 2016 Katherines (and I like to think that Jill would agree with me if she was still with us...)

NB I am hoping to see The Big Short tomorrow if I can stop coughing for long enough to leave the house, so I reserve the right to completely change my mind about all of this...

Best film
Room

Best director
Lenny Abrahamson for Room

Best actor
Michael Fassbender for Steve Jobs (SURPRISE! Although I actually thought his Macbeth was even better and should have been nominated.)

Best actress
Brie Larson for Room

Best supporting actor
Mark Ruffalo for Spotlight

Best supporting actress
Rooney Mara for Carol (Alicia Vikander should have been nominated for Ex Machina, and Julie Walters for Brooklyn)

Best animated film
Inside Out (really looking forward to Anomalisa though)

Best cinematography
The Revenant

Best original screenplay
Inside Out

Best adapted screenplay
Brooklyn

Best costume design
Carol (with an honourable mention for Crimson Peak, which should have been nominated)

No comments:

Post a Comment