Monday 30 January 2017

This week's edit - 30th January 2017


















Watching
Like many people, I was anxious about T2 Trainspotting, concerned that it may not live up to the original film which I absolutely love.  I needn't have worried.  Danny Boyle has created a perfect revisit to the characters we know, and his unique vision shines through moments of violence, humour and poignancy.

Seeing
I saw the original London production of Art in 1996 (coincidentally the same year as Trainspotting) and enjoyed it greatly so I was keen to see the new production at the Old Vic. The play has held up well and has excellent performances by Rufus Sewell, Paul Ritter and Tim Key.

Reading
Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough is a domestic thriller and I am warned that the twist at the ending is a real shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment