Monday 4 July 2016

This week's edit - 4th July 2016


























See
The new Switch House extension at Tate Modern is a real treat.  The gallery spaces are large, airy and considerately curated and the views from the new Members Room and viewing gallery are glorious.  I expect I will be spending a lot of time there this summer.

Read
Saturday Requiem by Nicci French is the sixth in the series of crime novels about Frieda Klein.  Gripping and well-written, I've been looking forward to this instalment since the last.

Watch
Tale of Tales is a fabulous, glorious and intoxicatingly bonkers film - a mad and beautiful fairy tale for grown ups.  I loved it, in particular the performances by Salma Hayek and the wonderful wonderful Toby Jones.

Listen
I'm mostly catching up on all the Glastonbury coverage that I missed while I was on holiday.  Christine and the Queens seems to have gone down well, which is great news because I predicted big things for her having downloaded her album, Chaleur Humaine, some weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment