Monday 11 July 2016

This week's edit - 11th July 2016


Reflector by Alex Katz



















See
Alex Katz is an American octogenarian painter, who is best known for his portraits painted simply in flat bright colours.  This exhibition at the Serpentine Gallery focuses primarily on his landscape paintings which are exquisite.  Full of light and depth, their immediate simplicity is deceiving.

Read
Black Water by Louise Doughty.  I loved Doughty's last book Apple Tree Yard, and her latest could not be more different.  I can't put it down.

Watch
I love Greta Gerwig and I REALLY love Julianne Moore so Maggie's Plan is an absolute treat. A warm, witty and intelligent romcom.

Listen
Michael Kiwanuka's new album is out later this week and I can't wait for it to appear on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment